Friday, February 20, 2009


"Lux Interior passed away." I heard those words and wanted to yell across the room. A whaling banshee in heels. A creature from the black leather lagoon. A legend at the top of cult status and here in 2009 he has passed on.



The music of The Cramps made you want to hold on for dear life while each chord made you feel a little closer to insanity. The primal beats raging through your body like a hypnotic time warp. No one was safe from wanting to shake their hips like some cave-dwelling beast just discovering fire for the first time. Lyrics always dirty and devious, dominating you into submission, but never once leaving you wanting to yell any kind of safe word because it always just felt too damn good.



I will surely miss seeing those rockin' bones scream and hiss in the beautiful catastrophic frenzy that was and always will be Lux Interior. I always thought that if there's one thing I'll miss when I die it's definitely going to be the music, but I know Lux will be there waiting for us all for the ultimate and biggest show of all the ages to come.



R.I.P. Lux Interior

1946 - 2009

you'll truly be missed by us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment